Intro: The Things That Dreams Are Made Of

Hello and welcome to Dream Machines Interviews, an online depository for interviews from my book Dream Machines: Electronic Music in Britain from Doctor Who to Acid House.

I did well over a hundred interviews with significant figures in UK electronic music for the book. A lot of that material couldn’t fit into Dream Machines, and there were lots of good quotes and anecdotes left over that could possibly be of interest to readers, journalists and researchers

That’s why I decided to start this site as a free resource, and I’ll be publishing a couple of raw Q&A interviews from the book each week. The interviewees will include Radiophonic pioneers and psychedelic veterans, industrial adventurers and electro-punks, dub scientists and housemasters. First up are Chris & Cosey and Dennis Bovell - I hope you’ll enjoy what they’ve got to say.

(PS. About the photo: there won’t be an interview with either Marc or Cindy on the site, unfortunately - I just liked the picture.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stephen Morris: Interview

Steve Hillage and Miquette Giraudy: Interview

Don Letts: Interview